CQUIPS+ call for abstracts
We are excited to announce the call for abstracts is officially open for our second annual CQUIPS+ virtual poster event!
Submission topics and selection
- Submissions should focus on either:
- A quality improvement or patient safety project that demonstrates results and/or lessons learned; or
- Research focused on patient safety and quality improvement.
- Abstracts with preliminary or final results will be considered for selection
- Submissions on all topics related to quality improvement and patient safety are welcome, however submissions related to health equity and health system resilience, the two thematic strategic priorities of CQuIPS, are particularly encouraged
- Posters will be selected based on originality and innovativeness, analysis of quality or knowledge gap, methodological rigour, quality of data, learning value, clarity and completeness of abstract
Guidelines for submission
Submitted abstracts are a maximum of 350 words and should include the following information (as applicable):
- Background/context – What is the problem of interest? Provide a brief description of the background/issue statement.
- Aim/objectives – What is the aim of your project?
- Measures – What are the outcomes/process/balance measures? How do you know if your project/research resulted in an improvement?
- Improvement/innovation/change concepts – Briefly describe the outcomes, program design, change ideas and how they have been implemented, as applicable.
- Impact/results – Did your changes result in an improvement? Summarize key outcomes and/or results and describe the extent to which the initiative has demonstrated an impact on health outcomes or health system performance. Preliminary results will be considered.
- Discussion/lessons learned – Have results been replicated outside its original setting? What key lessons were learned? What are the next steps?
- Background – What is the gap in the literature that this study aims to address and what is the purpose of your study?
- Methods – What methodological approach and methods did you use for your study?
- Results – What are the findings of your study?
- Conclusion – What are the conclusions and implications of your study findings?
- If your abstract is accepted, at least one member of your project team will need to be a CQUIPS+ member (one-time fee of $50) to:
- Upload a one-page PDF poster to CQUIPS+
- Upload a 2-3 minute recorded video or audio presentation to CQUIPS+
- New this year: A select number of posters will be invited to be presented as virtual oral abstracts!