The Virtual Emergency Department (VIRTUE) Project Improved access and reduced costs for emergency services through virtual emergency department consultations

The Virtual Emergency Department (VIRTUE) Project Improved access and reduced costs for emergency services through virtual emergency department consultations

  • natasha K gakhal 02 July 2021

    this is a great idea and it is nice to see that this was tracked and measured along the way to show outcomes - this is important if this model can be sustained long term post pandemic. It is reassuring to see most patients and providers found this model effective. Given the nature of ED visit (patients need to be assessed as soon as possible and it can not wait) it may be helpful to look at the cases were there was not very good satisfaction with the visit to ensure there are no missed events, concerns. Also interesting to note that only 66% of patients said that they would have visited in the ED in person if service not available- do you have data on the remaining 34%? Would they not have come to the ED because the problem truly was not an "emergency" or fear of coming into a hospital during COVID or other?

Presenter
Share
Total Views 65

CQUIPS+ support

Questions or comments about CQUIPS+?
Connect with us at communications@cquips.ca

 

Copyright © 2021 CQUIPS+. All rights reserved.